County Correctional Facility (NCCF)
29340 The Old Road, Castaic, CA 91384-2905
Bus. Phone: (661) 295-7810 (Business
only, NOT for Inmate information)
General Inmate Information, call: 213-473-6080
visit the website at: www.lasd.org
- Please review the following topics below:
* Visitor's Registration
* Rules for Visitors
* Visiting Area
* Specific Information
and Unofficial Visits
DAYS - GENERAL PUBLIC:
Members of the general public may visit inmates at any Los Angeles
County Sheriff's Department Jail Facility. Visiting is conducted
each Saturday and Sunday, and on the following holidays:
New Years Day - Memorial Day - Independence
- Labor Day - Thanksgiving Day -
|VISITING HOURS AND NUMBER OF VISITORS:
- Visitors registration is from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Inmates are allowed a total of one hour of visiting each weekend.
- Visits will not exceed a total of one half hour each day.
- An additional one half hour of visiting is permitted on visiting holidays.
- Holiday visiting on weekends will be counted as regular visits and will not exceed 30 minutes each day.
- Visitors who are minors will be permitted to visit inmates when accompanied by an adult.
- Inmate wives who are minors will be allowed the same visiting privileges as adult visitors
- Minor sons or daughters of inmates, are permitted to visit their inmate father without
the company of an adult.
- Three adult visitors are permitted each visit.
- The following are considered Attorney/Legal visitors: Private Attorneys, Public Defenders, U.S. Attorneys, Law Enforcement Officers, District Attorney & Public Defender Investigators, State Parole Investigators (when preparing for Parole Board Hearings), Psychiatrists or Physicians if authorized for a face-to-face visit by Court Order or if they are on the Court Approved Psychiatric Panel; Interpreters (County Interpreter w/County I.D. or appointed by the presiding Judge of the inmate's case with copy of the Court Order).
Attorney/Legal Visiting Hours:
8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Attorneys and others:
10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
All Attorney/Legal Visitors 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Clergy may arrange special visits through the MCJ Chaplains Office, who will inform the facility of the visit, expected time of arrival, and the specific visitors authorized.
- Physicians must arrange for special visits with the Sheriff's Department Medical Services Staff prior to the visit. Once the physician arrives at NCCF, he/she shall be accompanied, at the Watch Commander's or Watch Sergeant's discretion, by a deputy sheriff.
- In all of the above cases, the visitors must complete the Inmate Interview Request Form. Prior to the visit, the inmate must sign this form, either accepting or refusing the unofficial visit.
- The Watch Commander may authorize exceptions to these rules.
IN WHEELCHAIRS OR ON CRUTCHES:
When no departmental transportation is available for disabled
visitor(s), with the approval of the Watch Commander, a disabled
visitor may be driven to the visitor area in a private vehicle
by another visitor.
All other visiting regulations shall apply.
At the Main Gate Visitors Registration, visitors shall
complete a Request For Visit Form. The form must have the
inmate's name, booking number, and the name(s) of the visitor(s).
The form will be given to a Registration Desk Officer. The
Officer will input the inmate's booking number (via the
Justice Data System) and a computer pass for the visitor
and inmate will be generated. Visitors will be directed
to the appropriate bus loading area and transported to NCCF.
persons requesting visitation privileges must be in possession
of a valid photo identification including:
A valid California Identification Card or driver's
A valid school photo identification card,
U. S. Military identification card,
A valid Passport/Visa,
Alien Registration card, Identification card issued
by the Mexican Consulate's Office - Mexican citizens have
the option of providing their passport or a valid identification
card issued by the Mexican Consulate's Office, when requesting
Other valid U. S. Government identification card.
Record checks may be made if it is considered necessary
for the security of the inmates, employees, visitors, or
- All visitors must wear appropriate footwear
- No person under the influence of alcohol,
narcotics or drugs will be permitted to visit, and will be
subject to arrest.
- Visitors shall not bring alcohol, drugs
or weapons on the property, and will be subject to arrest
- Visitors are subject to search at any
time while on the property, and warnings are posted to that
- Visitors are allowed to leave the inmate
money ($40.00 total) and/or legal documents only, during visiting
- Visitors shall present their passes to the
Visiting Lobby Officer(s).
- Parties of visitors must remain together.
Visitors will park their vehicles in the parking lot adjacent
to the visitor registration center at the Main Gate. After registering,
visitors will be transported by a bus to and from the visiting