10am - 6pm
(Closed for inmate dinner 3:30pm - 5pm)
Saturday - Sunday:
7am - 3pm
Walk-Ins are NOT accepted after 2pm
Parking available at the visitor parking structure for $8 .00
ALL PERSONAL BELONGINGS MUST BE STORED IN LOCKERS
OUTSIDE OF VISITING AREA ($0.25 PER LOCKER)
Members of the general public may visit inmates at any Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department jail facility. Visiting hours vary and are subject to change without prior notice. Inmates are provided with at least two visits totaling at least one hour per week. At Men’s Central Jail (MCJ), inmates receive two thirty (30) minute visits per week totaling one hour. A total of three (3) visitors are allowed per inmate.
Inmate Visitation Scheduling System
Men's Central Jail is currently using a pre-scheduling system for inmate visitation. To determine if your inmate can receive scheduled visits, logon to the Inmate Visitation System (https://visit.lasd.org/app). You will be able to make an appointment with the inmate if his scheduling screen shows a list of time slots. Visitors must register in the Inmate Visitation System prior to scheduling an appointment with the inmate.
Visit must be scheduled at least 12 hours in advance.
Walk-in visits are still welcome, but are available on a first come first
serve basis and are subject to availability. Walk-ins are not accepted after 2pm.
All registered visitors with a scheduled appointment must arrive one hour before their visit for check-in. You must bring your visit confirmation number/receipt, proper ID for every visitor, and all personal items must be stored in the outside lockers before lining up outside the visiting area. Visiting personnel will announce when to enter the visiting center for the check-in process.
Visiting personnel will stop processing appointments 30 minutes after the hour. If you arrive late, your scheduled appointment is automatically canceled and counted against the inmates visiting quota. Due to the high volume of visits at MCJ, we will try to accommodate as best as possible to re-schedule your visit for another date/time.
NOTE: Scheduled visits are subject to cancellation at any time
For questions or troubleshooting problems with the Inmate Visitation Scheduling System, see the Informational Flyer or send an email to: Helpdesk-IVVS-Public@lasd.org
Minors (under the age of 18), shall be accompanied by, and remain in control and close supervision of their parent or verifiable legal guardian at all times . There is no restriction in regards to the relationship between the minor and legal guardian.
Forms of Identification
All persons requesting visitation privileges must be in possession of a valid form of identification:
- U.S. Military Identification
- Driver's License (any state),
- California Identification Card,
- Mexican Consulate Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- MINORS - must have a valid school identification card.
Only those forms of identification listed above are valid forms of identification. Visitors not possessing any of the above forms of identification will not be granted a visit.
Visiting Rules and Regulations
The safety of our personnel and welfare of the public are of paramount concern and facilitated through the rules and regulations set forth. If a visitor violates any of the below listed rules or creates a safety or security hazard, their visiting privilege shall be terminated. If a person repeatedly violates visiting area rules or the violation is of a serious nature, that individual's visiting privilege will be terminated for an appropriate period of time.
- Visitors are to refrain from speaking in a loud or boisterous manner.
- Smoking is not permitted whatsoever.
- Visitors shall not enter a visiting row without a valid pass.
- Minors must remain in control and close supervision by their parent or verifiable legal guardian at all times.
- Visitors shall not litter or deface county property.
- No weapons shall be brought onto jail grounds.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
- No cameras, radios, cell phones, purses, briefcases, back packs umbrellas, bags or recording devices will be allowed inside the visiting area.
- No alcoholic beverages shall be brought onto jail grounds.
- No glass containers will be allowed inside the visiting area.
- All visitors may be searched for contraband.
- Vehicles entering or parked in a custody facility parking lot may be searched for contraband.
- Gang attire referencing to gang affiliation is not allowed.
- Ex-felons and persons on Probation must have prior approval from the Facility Unit Commander prior to entering onto the jail grounds. Contact the MCJ Legal Unit for additional information (213) 974-0103. See next section.
Visiting APPROVAL - Parole, Probationer, Convicted Felon
Individuals who are currently on parole or probation must complete the Visiting Clearance for Probationers and Exfelons form and submit it to the Legal Unit for processing. The approval can take up to one month depending on the clearance and validity of all information submitted. Once the verification has been completed, you will receive a letter from our Unit Commander granting or denying you permission to visit the specified inmate.
Your primary contact for submission and status of your request is our Legal Unit
Visiting APPROVAL - SSU Inmates
Individuals who are requesting to visit inmates housed in "High Power" must complete the Visiting/Telephone Clearance for SSU Inmates form (English or Spanish) and submit it to the Legal Unit for processing. The approval can take up to one month depending on the clearance and validity of all information submitted. Once the verification has been completed, you will receive
Property and Money Release
Persons desiring to deposit money on an inmate's account may do so at the cashier's office at the Inmate Reception Center. No money will be accepted at Men's Central Jail. Inmates may sign an Order for Release of Prisoners Property form and/or a Money Draw Slip during regular visiting hours.
The cashiers office can be reached at (213) 473-6049. Further information on the cashier's office can be seen by clicking here.